I want lgbt book stores, lgbt coffee houses, and lgbt theaters to replace lgbt bars as centers of community, places to meet people, and lgbt rights of passage.
when did “entry level” become “requires 3-5 years work experience”?
*whispers* when unemployment rates skyrocketed and employers realized they could have their pick of desperate job seekers willing to take entry level work they were vastly over-qualified for, meaning they do not need to pay for said employee’s qualifications or experience
I shall reblog whenever I see this….
the amount of perfection in that paragraph makes my heart happy.
I’m a Christian and I support this message.
i think i’m crying that’s so perfect
- Boys, on average, spend two fewer hours doing household chores per week than girls do (they play two hours more).
- If they live in households where children are compensated for doing chores, boys make and save more money.
- A 2009 study conducted by University of Michigan economists found a two-hour gender disparity in responsibilities per week in a study of 3,000 kids.
- 75 percent of girls had chores, while just 65 percent of boys do
- This disparity in chores and free time continues into adulthood all over the world. According to the Organisation of Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD), men “report spending more time in activities counted as leisure than women. Gender differences in leisure time are wide across OECD countries.”
- Year after year, studies repeatedly confirm these patterns.
- The problems women face with unequal pay and housework duties actually start in childhood.
- The fact that boys’ chores appear to be more profitable makes the childhood chore gap even more disturbing. Turns out, parents tend to value the work that boys do more.
- Gender stereotypes dictate these patterns.
- men who grow up with sisters do less housework than their spouses and are also significantly more socially conservative.
Just had to bold that bottom point there because of the amount of misogynists who claim that because they have women in their family, they can’t POSSIBLY be sexist ever.
oh my fucking god
I vividly remember all the families in my church where the grade-school boys were goofing off with toys and the girls were being handed younger babies and turned into babysitters.Boys got to be boys, but girls had to be Moms.
Really, it ‘s a serious drag that even little girls today could answer #WithoutTheWageGapIWould
what if the bible was just a popular book and the fan base got out of control
what do you mean ‘what if’